Red Hat Fedora Core 4 mania
Monday, February 20, 2006 | Author: Mad Typist
Today begins my first attempt at installing Red Hat Linux Fedora Core 4 on one of the old computers we have in the house. How old is this computer? It doesn't have an ethernet port - it has a COM1 port that requires an adapter. Yikes.

Fortunately, while cleaning out my closet I happened to find an old 3COM network card underneath my rugby cleats. I'm going to stick that one in and see what happens. Cross your fingers on that....

The goal is to install both the desktop GUI and also hopefully configure Apache and GNOMe. We'll see how that goes.

I had a copy of Fedora Core 3 on DVD, but since this computer doesn't even have a DVD drive, I've had to download Fedora Core 4 for CD. It takes 4 discs to hold the ISO images. I also had to upgrade my stupid CD burning program so I could properly burn the ISO images to my CD-Rs.

Stay tuned for more as the day goes on. This could be a loooong day. Thank god the Discovery Channel is running a Dog Whisper marathon so I have something to watch while I work.
This entry was posted on Monday, February 20, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: