I *heart* Team Fortress 2
Friday, February 29, 2008 | Author: Mad Typist

So my newest gaming obsession (I've plowed through most of BioShock, but am taking a bit of a break) is Team Fortress 2. TF2 is an online FPS where players choose from a variety of classes in order to either 1) capture the intel (a.k.a. "the flag") or 2) capture control points. The class system is what makes this game much more than your average frag-fest. It forces players to consider what their team is doing - if you've got everyone playing as a heavy, but no medics, you're going to get slaughtered. Also, it allows non-violent players more interested in strategy and/or cooperation to play a vital role in the team's victory.

It's seriously the most fun I've had in a long time. I love the team aspect of the game, and the colorful cartoon renderings are just hilarious. Right now I've been playing as the soldier, though on certain maps I enjoy the scout and sniper as well. The spy is the trickiest role, so I've been shying away from it so far. I've been posting/lurking on the Team Fortress 2 Fort site, and there are some good strategy threads in there, so I may take another crack at the Spy class eventually.
This entry was posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: