Brett Favre to retire?
Tuesday, March 04, 2008 | Author: Mad Typist
Jay Glazer of Fox Sports is reporting that Brett Favre has decided to retire. We all knew this dark day would come someday, and it appears that this the year Brett hangs it up.

*Sniffle*. Watching Favre play this year was one of the highlights for me, during what I consider one of the more exciting NFL seasons in my lifetime. I am sad to see him go, but I understand his desire to go out on top (he had one of the best seasons of his 17 year career in 2007). It's better to retire while you're still on top of your game, versus being forced out because you're too broken down or playing too poorly to stay.

I did get a good laugh reading some of the comments on the site. The "John Madden is going to cry" comment particularly made me giggle.
This entry was posted on Tuesday, March 04, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: