Readers, Help Me Decide Which Shows To Review!
Wednesday, July 01, 2009 | Author: Mad Typist
I was polling friends recently as to which iPhone apps they considered essential (since I have now drank the Kool Aid and am the owner of a brand new iPhone 3GS). One friend suggested I check out a program called AudioBoo. It allows users to upload short audio clips, which are then published immediately on the AudioBoo site, and can be subscribed to via RSS. In other words, it's like Twitter but for podcasts.

Now, I already do a bi-weekly podcast, and it clocks in at a whopping 1 hour and 30 minutes most episodes, so I was dubious about the ability to convey anything interesting in a micro-podcast that runs under 3 minutes. However, after some thought an idea percolated about how I might use this new technology.

I don't have the time and energy to write detailed recaps/reviews of the shows I watch, since people seem to expect those posted the next morning after the show airs. However, I am considering doing micro-podcasts immediately after I watch each show reviewing the episode.

This is where you, dear reader, come in.

Several of you have said you enjoy reading my reviews on pop culture things like the new HBO series "Hung." On the other hand, maybe the rest of you are silently groaning at the thought of me blathering on about more TV. So, please take a moment and let me know in the comments your responses to the following:

1) Would you be interested in listening to my 3 minute micro-podcast reviews of various TV shows? I ask because this only makes sense if people actually want to hear it. Otherwise, I'm just wasting my time.

2) If the answer, is yes, which 3-5 shows would you like to hear recapped/reviewed? I'm open to any suggestion (feel free to shout out requests), but for reference, here's a list of the shows currently on my watch-list:
  • Hung (for now)
  • True Blood
  • The Closer
  • How I Met Your Mother (I'm catching up on the series by watching Lifetime's reruns)
  • Better Off Ted
  • Nurse Jackie
  • Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D List
  • Deadliest Catch
  • Mad Men (returns in August)
  • Hard Knocks: Bengals Training Camp (returns in August)
This entry was posted on Wednesday, July 01, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On 2:32 PM , BuckyKat said...

The only show that is currently playing, as the others are on break, is Burn Notice.

The rest of the shows that will be starting up again this year are:
Psych
Venture Brothers
Castle

 
On 6:00 PM , Darin said...

Yes. I'm interested...

Hung
True Blood
Nurse Jackie
Hard Knocks: Bengals Training Camp