Rock Band for reals
Tuesday, May 13, 2008 | Author: Mad Typist
A friend today brought up the fact that it's funny that several of us get together to jam on the game Rock Band, when we are all perfectly capable of playing real instruments. So now I'm thinking perhaps I'll try to get a band together. I'm not sure what kind of music we'll play - I'd imagine the two boys will be into some kind of heavier rock. I, of course, will be playing the drums, though I still hold the fantasy that one day I'll get around to really learning how to play guitar.

I went into a music store today where they were having a big sale on sheet music, so I bought a bunch of books just for the hell of it. Consider this an open call, by the way - if you can sing or play an instrument and want to jam, let me know. Also, you must be willing to travel to my house, as I am not lugging my set anywhere.

Any suggestions on songs we should learn? I'm partial to stuff from the 90s - the Cranberries, Hole, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, etc.
This entry was posted on Tuesday, May 13, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On 1:30 PM , Unknown said...

Hey, I was scrolling through your blog for the first time in a month or so, and saw this post. It's nice to know that someone else still listens to 90's rock.

 
On 2:08 PM , Mad Typist said...

I loooove 90's rock. Our first set of songs are a mix of older tunes and slightly newer stuff (but in fairness done by bands with roots in the 90's grunge scene). We're doing some Green Day, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, etc. We've even got some fun pop songs from the Go-Gos (so the one guy's girlfriend can sing with us).