Open Call: Internet Dating Stories and Advice
Wednesday, October 15, 2008 | Author: Mad Typist

So, I've been planning to do a week-long series about internet dating for some time now, and it's finally time to pull the trigger for me. I think there's a lot of misinformation out there about internet dating, plus I sense that a lot of people may be interested but have been turned off by horror stories, so I wanted to address that here in my blog.

I myself am a successful veteran of the internet dating scene, plus I have several friends, both gay and straight, who have done it and had good results (more than one has gotten married to his/her internet date), so I do have some real life experience that hopefully will be interesting to you all. I will have several columns dedicated to topics such as: setting up your online profile, how to separate the wheat from the chaff when searching other profiles, and tips for when you arrange your face-to-face date.

Now, here's the Open Call portion:

I would like to open the floor, so to speak, to others who have tried internet dating, whether it worked for them or not. I'm interested in featuring your personal stories here at this blog, as well as my other blog. I'm also gauging general interest - are you interested in reading about this on my blog? Do you have questions about internet dating that you want me to answer? Or is this a waste of my time?

If you want to share your story:

  • Email me at askmyblog@gmail.com with the story you'd like to see posted. It can be a success story, a horror story, or your own advice to other internet daters.
  • To satisfy my own anal nature, I may make minor grammatical or spelling corrections, but any other changes I will work with you on.
  • Let me know if you wish to use a pseudonym.
  • If you prefer to post at your own blog, and would just like me to cross-link to your post from my own, that's fine too.

If you have a question you want answered:

  • Email me at askmyblog@gmail.com
  • Again, if you prefer a pseudonym, let me know

If you think this is interesting OR a waste or my time:

  • You can email me at the address listed above, or you can just go ahead and post here in the comments section. Don't worry about hurting my feelings. I don't want to waste my time blathering about a topic that no one wants to hear about.

Al Gore wants you to find love
This entry was posted on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On 2:22 PM , Johnathon Sykes said...

I've tried it with mixed results.
I attribute most of it to my uncanny ability to find fail no matter where it finds me.

My current 'x' was procured on a journal site. i guess if you want infos, message me

 
On 4:31 PM , Anonymous said...

I was going to write a similar blog concerning this topic, you beat me to it. You did a nice job! Thanks and well add your RSS to come categories on our blogs. Thanks so much, Jon B.Married Internet Dating