Scenes from an Alexandria Polling Location
Tuesday, November 04, 2008 | Author: Mad Typist
Not the greatest pics (my camera isn't great at night time shots), but here's some photos from my local polling place.

I got there at 5:15am, with my Dunkin Donuts coffee and bagel in hand. I was one of many people in line who brought a folding chair to sit in (a good choice, as it turns out). Here's what the line in front of me looked like at 5:15am:

alex_voting_line_1

Here's what the line behind me looked like at 5:35am:

alex_voting_line_2

That line continued around the building:

alex_voting_line_3

Around 5:40am, the McCain and Obama people were setting up to hand out sample ballot and so forth. I also saw some people with coffee and donuts, presumably for the poor people stuck in line:

alex_voting_line_4

I got in and out by 6:27am. I had the misfortune of having a last name in the I-M range, which apparently is very popular, since my line inside the polling place was huge, while there were only 3-4 people in the A-C and T-Z lines. In retrospect, I should have changed my last name to Aa or whatever. By the time I got out, the line had grown. Here's two more shots (there's also about 150-200 people INSIDE the building by this time as well).

alex_voting_line_5

alex_voting_line_6
This entry was posted on Tuesday, November 04, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 comments:

On 9:56 AM , SS+1 said...

Now isn't that something amazing?

 
On 1:27 PM , anonymous said...

Thankyou so much for voting! I'm both:

- Terribly jealous that I don't get to vote for Obama

- Delighted not to have had to suffer through the last 8 years as an actual US citizen

 
On 3:09 PM , Mad Typist said...

"- Delighted not to have had to suffer through the last 8 years as an actual US citizen"

Yeah, you get get to be affected by our country's action without having a say in possibly changing it. I always thought it would be worse to live somewhere where you knew your economy (for example) was fucked up because of some wanker who you didn't even get a chance to vote on made such poor choices.