Thank You, America
Wednesday, November 05, 2008 | Author: Mad Typist
What a wonderful night for our country. I'm so relieved it's finally all over. While I will spend the next few months fretting over the health of our Supreme Court Justices (save for Scalia, who is free to go whenever he wants), overall, I couldn't have asked for a better night. I'm not happy that Prop 8 is on the verge of passing, but I hold out hope on that front. Even if it passes, I feel like equality for gays and lesbians is still that much closer to becoming a reality.

But back to the biggest news, the victory of Barack Obama to the Presidency of the United States. Thank you to all my fellow citizens who supported him and got out and rocked the vote. The important thing is that he won so handily, which helps prevents accusations of vote fixing, hanging chads and other such things were not allowed to influence the outcome. The margin of his victory means that a huge part of the country is now invested in his presidency. It's not just a Blue State +1 victory, it's a true Purple People revolution.

I'll be blogging more on this, but for now, enjoy these pictures sent on by my friends.



CLICK to enlarge
This entry was posted on Wednesday, November 05, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On 1:25 PM , solarpower said...

Okay, call me cheesy, but I have a strangely heartfelt and earnest desire to volunteer my time in the tone and spirit of this campaign, to keep the ball rolling and start doing the hard work BO promised was ahead of us in his speech last night.

:)