Andrew Sullivan's outrage at the latest torture revelations
Friday, June 20, 2008 | Author: Mad Typist
I'm not necessarily a fan of Andrew Sullivan, but I find his perspective very interesting. He might be one of the few rational conservatives left in the world.

You all must go to his blog and read this post in its entirety. Sullivan discusses his rage at the latest torture revelations. My favorite line:

My rage at Bush has not caused me to accuse the man of war crimes. Bush's war crimes are what caused my rage. I started this war not as a Bush-hater, but as a Bush-defender. I started it dismissing the first rumors of torture at Gitmo as enemy propaganda. But no one with open eyes could have believed that it was made up even four years ago, let alone now. But, yes, with every new revelation and every spurious defense and every new lie, it is impossible not to feel anger. In fact, in my view, it is vital to feel anger. And not to let it subside.
This entry was posted on Friday, June 20, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: