Century mark surpassed!
Thursday, June 05, 2008 | Author: Mad Typist
I just realized that yesterday's post was #100 for me. I'm excited, because I wasn't sure if I'd be able to keep up with a blog and posting on a regular basis. But I'm pleased to report that I've been pretty steady the last few months, trying to post at least 4-5 times a week.

This morning's post is just to do a little self-congratulations (check) and to link to this great op-ed from the Huffington Post from Hilary Rosen, a self-professed Hillary Clinton supporter. Ms. Rosen makes a powerful statement about why Hillary blew her chance to be graceful on Tuesday night, and why that's so disappointing. A key quote:
She had an opportunity to soar and unite. She had a chance to surprise her party and the nation after the day-long denials about expecting any concession and send Obama off on the campaign trail of the general election with the best possible platform. I wrote before how she had a chance for her "Al Gore moment." And if she had done so, the whole country ALL would be talking today about how great she is and give her her due.

Instead she left her supporters empty, Obama's angry, and party leaders trashing her. She said she was stepping back to think about her options. She is waiting to figure out how she would "use" her 18 million voters.

But not my vote. I will enthusiastically support Barack Obama's campaign. Because I am not a bargaining chip. I am a Democrat.

This entry was posted on Thursday, June 05, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: