Belated BufBloPoFo Day 8 post
Monday, March 23, 2009 | Author: Mad Typist
Take a look to the right over there and you’ll see a list of the “BufBloPoFo 09 Participants”. It’s pretty, isn’t it?!? Look at them all! Okay, now find whichever blog is below yours and talk about that dude. If you know them, tell us how you met. If you don’t know them, talk about something you read on their site. Whichever it is, end your post by asking that person a question. (That last part maaaaaaay be important later on...)

Wow, this is totally late. I had a brainfart this weekend, played a shit-ton of Persona 4 and totally forgot to post pretty much anything. My apologies to dhka, who apparently took my lack of posting as a slight. Blame the Japanese, for crafting an RPG so diabolically addictive that my weekend flew by before I knew what was happening.

Anyhoo.... I have no idea who dhka is. I assume he's Dave, of the DaveHoffmanKicksAss blog title. Two posts on his blog stand out for me in particular: he likes playing basketball, and he intentionally moved to Western NY, despite not actually being from there. He's that rare brand of salmon that says "fuck this noise, I'm going my own way." And his own way seems to include moving to an area that is slowly dying, just like the rest of the rust belt. He seems to be accepting of all people, as his post about hookers and Latino gang members indicates.

The post about basketball spoke to me, as I used to play, and I understand how lovely it is to have a brief moment in time where the rest of the world drops away and all you need to worry about is where the ball is, and whether you want to shoot or pass when you get it.

From his blogger profile, it seems he's a lawyer. It also looks like he only blogs when BufBloPoFo comes around. That's part of the reason it's hard to get a read on him - I'm not sure what he's interested in talking about on a regular basis.

I have a couple of questions for dhka: 1) Do you forgive my terrible tardiness in writing this post? 2) Why not blog more? You seem like a witty chap, and I'd be inclined to follow your blog if you wrote more stuff. 3) In an attempt to get to know your interests better, if you could work for any magazine in the world, which one would you choose?
This entry was posted on Monday, March 23, 2009 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: